Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW

Hello, Cassie here. Lexi's too busy playing with "baby eesee" in her nativity set right now, but I thought I'd post a little something. More of a rant, really.

I HATE snow. Sorry, all you snow fans. I don't think it makes everything look prettier. I don't think that if it's cold, it might as well be snowing. It's wet, cold, annoying, and impossible to drive in. Our condo complex NEVER gets the parking lots plowed. Call me crazy, but I thought that's why I pay $120 a month. So I can at least get out of the flippin complex. And the cities in Utah county apparently don't think it's important to plow either.

Brandon says that growing up in New York, all roads were plowed by about 6am. Maybe earlier. Going to the gym the past two days at 8:30, not even the busy roads are plowed. What is that?! Do plow companies have anything better to do than plow the roads? It thought that's why they existed. Not only are they not plowing, but even by 10am when I leave the gym, they aren't anywhere in sight. It's the first real snow storm of the season, and it's pretty late in the year. You'd think the plow companies would be jumping at the chance to finally plow.

Get it together people! If I were in charge of your company I'd fire you all and get some early-risers!

I'm seven months pregnant, with a huge coat, carrying a toddler with a huge coat. All I ask is that my sidewalks are plowed.

The only things that make this weather nice: 1)I get to keep my groceries in the car until Brandon gets home, and he can lug them up two flights of stairs, and 2)Lexi loves playing in it. We got her all dressed up Tuesday for the snow, and she had a ball. The second I pulled the camera out, the batteries went dead. Nice.

6 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

Miserable. I think I would prefer being 7 months pregnant in the Arizona summer than 7 months pregnant in the Utah winter. I can't believe Utah doesn't have its plow act together. Not cool.

kimberly said...

Cassie - I love you! You are so funny! I mean, the roads not being plowed is really not funny at all but you are too cute. I can totally picture you and your belly and your coat and Lexi and her coat trudging through the snow! I can't believe you still go to the gym!? You're a little nuts. Maybe you guys should just move to Florida...ahhhh :) Love ya!

Summer said...

AMEN!!!!!! I didn't realize how much I despised the snow until having kids. Would our hubbies hurry up and move us to Texas? Gosh. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! We're headed to Palm Springs tomorrow. We'll have you guys over when we get back. (P.S. they finished the indoor play area at University Mall if you need a place to take Lexi -- not that you want to drive these roads, it's ridiculous out there.) P.P.S. You're Christmas card pic is adorable. It's been up on our fridge and Kennedy loves to scream out Lexi's name every time she passes it. "Yesi, Yesi!" I didn't even know she knew Lexi's name! :)

Vicki said...

I don't have kids yet and I really HATE the snow... wanting to get to work at a certain time and being 15 min. later than I want (twice this week!) and having to stay at work later than I want in the afternoon because I have to drive slower on the freeways that aren't getting plowed. AND being stressed driving in it, worrying that I'll slide off the road or something. So yes, it's annoying!

Unknown said...

Blah blah blah...

love,
your husband.

sherry said...

You get this hatred of snow from Dad. Face it, you are an AZ girl. Time to give in and move back to the desert;)