Thursday, May 29, 2008

Palacia de Pena

This is by far the coolest palace I've seen. It's the most colorful, that's for sure. This was the last place we went to the day before we left. It is in a city called Sintra, right by Lisbon. It was rainy and cold, but pretty good while we were at this palace. It was built in the 1500's, and the emperor wanted it to look tropical, and used lots of different styles from different countries as inspiration.
This is Brandon and Jason, the last coworker with Brandon that day. I love how the castle is built right around the rock of the mountain.
This was a pretty cool tree that we liked, and a bench right underneath.
Evidence of all the color. I like the red tower. It reminds me of Disney castles.

Here's the view from the palace. Pretty cool, huh? It was gorgeous.
All around this palace were other cool buildings that we wanted to see, but it started raining and cut our trip short.
Another castle next to the palace.

Evidence that the emperor took inspiration from other countries. This looks pretty dang Arabian. I'm singing "Arabian nights" from Aladdin to myself right now.

That's all we did in Lisbon. It was so fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Natasha Ireland said...

AMazing Photos. I didn't know you were going there, INCREDIBLE. MISS U Guys.

sherry said...

What a fun trip! I am a little too jealous to comment further right now. I'll get back to you later...