Thursday, November 15, 2007

Backyardigans


Hello, Cassie here. I'm using Lexi's blog to shamelessly plug a show that I really think is great. Props to a Nickolodeon show called "The Backyardigans." Though there are shows out there that are aimed to musically educate that are entertaining for kids (Little Einsteins) and thought most shows have music involved that kids love (Lexi's favorites are Wiggles and Sesame Street), I think that Backyardigans is the best. This show usually involves things that I remember learning about in my childhood education courses at BYU. They use things like lots of vocal harmonies, rests and pauses in the music so the child isn't bombarded all the time with sound, and vocal variance (Vocal variance meaning really high notes and really low notes. It is good for the child to use his head and chest voice from an early age). I know this sounds boring and maybe preachy, but if you are looking for a show for your child to watch, this is a great one!

Here are just some goofy pics of Lexi for you to enjoy.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh My Gosh- I can't even remember that last time i saw you! I'm so glad i found your blog (Through Alyssa & Jenny) You look so good & your little girl is so adorable!!! KIT

Jenny Johnson said...

I think that will be my biggest struggle as a mom, is making my kids watch shows that I can't stand, at least this one is somewhat enjoyable!